There are a few different ways that you can start to incorporate more collagen into your diet. The most common is by making sure to load up on healthy protein sources, of course! Although some collagen is produced naturally by the body, as you age you may not be making enough to support a healthy body.
The best way to get more of this essential amino acid into your diet… Eat foods rich in collagen! Here are a few great sources of collagen that you can enjoy:
- Dairy Products: A cup of milk, yogurt, or cheese will give you 8 grams of the essential amino acids that your body needs.
- Fish: Tuna and salmon are both great sources of collagen (and healthy omega-3 fatty acids). Each ounce contains about 2 grams per serving
- Meat: Choose lean meats like turkey or chicken to fill your body with the amino acids it needs for healthy hair growth.
- Nuts: Almonds, peanuts, and walnuts are all great sources of protein and collagen. Make sure to pair them with high-protein food like eggs or cheese to make sure you\’re getting both at once.
- Seafood: Shrimp contains 8 grams of collagen, per serving.
- Seeds/Nuts: Pumpkin seeds and cashews are both great sources of protein as well!
- Vegetables: Carrots, spinach, and kale are all rich in protein and essential amino acids. You can make a great dip with these veggies or use them to add some extra texture to your favourite dish.
As we all know, everyone is very different when it comes to body types, the types of foods we eat, allergies and how our bodies absorb supplements and food. We strongly recommend taking a collagen supplement; such as, SkinsideOut along side a healthy diet. SkinsideOut is Keto-friendly, Gluten Free, No GMO, Vegan, Made in Canada & Clinically proven. If your diet doesn\’t support consumption of certain foods rich in Collagen and amino acids, then SkinsideOut is a great choice for you. See the benefits today of taking an Advance Hyaluronic Collagen Booster.